- Focus on business value, not technical detail.
- Include the customer at the beginning of the project and continually involve the customer as things change so that the required adjustments can be made jointly.
- Manage and motivate people to ensure optimal performance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide project team members with tools and techniques necessary to consistently produce successful project results.
- Establish clear accountability for measured results.
- Set, institute consistent processes for managing unambiguous checkpoints.
- Have a consistent methodology for planning and executing projects.